I personally think it’s weirder they decide not to have even the slightest control over the media they choose to surround themselves with. When news and tv and movies and music are offered in such limited quantity (and I DON’T CARE how many channels you have, nothing compares to the well of information[true or false] that is the internet), how can you truly know what you like?
If my choices for tv are between Keeping Up With the Kardashians or Dancing with the Stars, my choice is pretty much the same; empty, non-engaging crap that is lowering the overall expected level of intelligence in everyone who watches it.
I’d prefer to have access to millions of sources of information, endless documentaries or short films from across the world, interviews with the world’s greatest mind from as far back as possible, or even anything you’re watching right now… but commercial free.
That’s why I don’t have a TV. Why do you?
8 notes · #no tv #weird #personal #internet #tv sucks #commercials
- legendary-zeus reblogged this from diaryofthelastunicorn
- legendary-zeus likes this
- lovenat likes this
- fuckitsjosef said: Don’t have tv, I use it for video games.
- likeairplanesintomountains reblogged this from diaryofthelastunicorn
- taylorsoldblogbrokebad likes this
- taylorsoldblogbrokebad said: Because my dad used to own a bar/restaurant where they had like 20 TVs going at once so he is a TV fanatic and we have like a shitload of them. (I agree with you though. Except for stuff that’s already running, livestreams are a pain to find)
- diaryofthelastunicorn posted this